To reach target audiences, the marketing industry today has to be adaptive and thus make the most of social media as a tool for connecting brands with consumers. Here comes in handy Influencer Marketing as a type of marketing where you pinpoint key leaders in the niche market - and drive the right content to target audience through them.
In this post, we compiled a few stats to prove with data how great Influencer Marketing can positively impact your brand.
SOCIAL MEDIA AND DECISION MAKING:
- 81% of people said they are influenced by what their friends share on social media (Market Force)
- 43% of consumers are more likely to buy a new product when learning about it on social media (Nielsen)
- 68% of consumers trust online opinions from other consumers, which places online opinions as the 3d most trusted source of product information. (Nielsen)
THE IMPORTANCE OF WORD OF MOUTH:
- Word of mouth is the primary factor 20% to 50% of all purchasing decisions (McKinsey&Co.)
- 84% of consumers reported always or sometimes taking action based on personal recommendations (Nielsen)
- 2-6 positive customer reviews is enough for the majority consumers to trust in the business (BrightLocal)
THE IMPORTANCE OF INFLUENCERS IN MARKETING:
- 47% of online customers use ad block technology. The way to reach them is to provide content they want from people they trust. (DigitalReport)
- 92% of consumers trust recommendations from other people - even if they don't know them personally (Nielsen)
- 40% of Twitter users say they’ve made a purchase as a direct result of a Tweet from an influencer. (Twitter)
- 70% of teenage YouTube subscribers say they relate to YouTubers more than to traditional celebrities. (Google)
- 49% of consumers rely on influencers when looking for product recommendations. (Twitter)
- 59% of micro-influencers find Instagram the most effective social media platform to engage their target audience. (Blogovin)
INFLUENCER MARKETING PAYS OFF:
- Consumers sharing a brand’s message generated more than double the sales that resulted from paid advertising. (McKinsey & Co.)
- Brands that use social influencers are seeing up to a 10X increase in conversion rates. (Content Marketing Institute)
- Customers who were acquired through social influencer efforts have a 37% higher retention rate. (Forbes)
WHAT OTHER MARKETERS THINK:
- 81% of marketers who have used influencer marketing judged it to be effective. (eMarketer)
- 51% of marketers believe they get better customers from influencer marketing. That’s because the relationship began with trust in the influencer. (Tomoson)
- 64% mostly or completely agree that Word of Mouth Marketing (WOMM) is more effective than traditional marketing. (WOMMA)
- 82% use WOMM to increase their brand awareness. (WOMMA)
- 43% of marketers expect WOMM to improve their direct sales. (WOMMA)
So, what does it all mean?
Simply: people trust people. And the best way to reach them is via someone they connect to and follow on social media.
At The 7th Chamber, we do not only identify relevant influencers to distribute your content, but also produce supportive and original content to lead your campaign. Feel free to contact us if you want to find out more.