Too seed or not to seed?
Here at the 7th Chamber we often get asked why it makes sense to seed a video vs. attempting to do this yourself. Well, fret no longer as my colleagues and I have put together the following list of the top ten reasons to seed your branded content. Give it a read (then give us a call).
For starters, video is a very crowded space:
Every minute 48 hours of video is uploaded to YouTube
Every minute there are 400 Tweets containing a YouTube link.
Every day 150 years of YouTube videos are watched on Facebook.
1. It’s Social – Video seeding utilizes the major social networks to ensure that your video is watched, discussed and shared.
2. Customized Strategy – Customized strategy for targeting and delivery – Making sure your video reaches the target audience and they engage with it
3. Outreach – By reaching out to relevant bloggers & editors, social video seeding can target your consumer directly where they access information & entertainment.
4. SEO/SMO – We optimize campaigns through tagging & keyword selections to achieve high rank in organic search in Google & YouTube. Traditional video ads (pre, mid, and post-roll) don’t do this, they are not visible to search engines
5. Guarantees– Video seeding ensures guaranteed views within your target country
6. User-Initiated Views vs. Auto-Play Views – Views delivered by seeding video are user-initiated, meaning higher levels of interest & completion. Nothing forced.
7. Influencers – Using top ambassadors and key influencers in specific verticals, video seeding lends a trusted voice to your campaign – bringing about higher levels of engagement & brand uplift.
8. Engagement – Because seeded videos are inherently social and more highly targeted, they’re also more engaging. This means higher levels of attention and sharing from one consumer to the next (Comments, likes, shares).
9. Reporting – Each video seeding campaign includes detailed reporting on how the video performed, which helps the brand better understand their audience online – aiding continual optimization of the overall brand strategy. Including pre-post sentiment survey as well as a comparative analysis.
10. Cost - Cost is based on a CPV meaning you only pay when people view your content – all views beyond this are value added!